What you are going to learn
- Technical aspects of HRCT
- Recognise different patterns on HRCT
- ILD classification and diagnosis on HRCT
- Separate fibrosing from non-fibrosing ILD
- Identify pulmonary hypertension on CT
- Recognise & quantify pulmonary embolism
- CT features of various infections
- Assess Lung/Pleural Cancer on CT
- Management of solitary pulmonary nodule
Currently taking bookings for January 2021 course.
Structured training program to learn Chest CT imaging is difficult to get and often lasts for months. Practising doctors cannot attend these programs, as this would mean giving up their regular job. Some doctors want a refresher course or an initiation course to help them in learning new skills.
Ace Radiology Masterclass (ARM) is a series of courses designed to address these specific issues. The ARM series is a structured, comprehensive and fully online training program designed for the busy clinician who wants to learn and improve his/her skills in the comfort of their home. This is a hands-on course, focussed on developing practical clinical skills while working in a multi-disciplinary team. There will be direct learning from the faculty followed by individual case reviews and self-reporting of real-life cases. Dedicated time is provided to address individual requirements.
Each attendee will have access to the Learning Management System (LMS) with all course material and live recording of teaching sessions. They can access this as many times as required to improve their understanding.
This course runs over a month and consists of:
10 hours of live learning (5 sessions over the month on a weekday evening)
20 hours of supervised reporting and learning
Who should attend?
The ARM series are designed for the busy clinician who cannot take time off from their routine work and attend a 3 to 6 months fellowship program. The Chest CT program is a multi-disciplinary team workshop and will be especially useful for:
- Physicians/pulmonologists who deal with ILD on a regular basis
- Young radiologists who want to learn ILD detection and classification on HRCT
- Physicians who want to improve their radiological skills
- Radiologists who want to update themselves on ILD, Pulmonary hypertension, Lung cancer and COVID imaging features
- Young doctors who want to explore the field of chest imaging
- Clinicians wanting to test themselves and develop a structured pattern in assessing chest CT studies
Please see below.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How is the training delivered? The ARM series is a structured, comprehensive and fully online training program designed for the busy doctor who wants to learn and improve his/her skills in the comfort of their home. This is a hands-on course, focussed on developing practical clinical skills. There will be direct learning from the faculty in a webinar followed by individual case reviews. Delegates will be provided with study material and real-life cases on which they will have to work and report on their own time.
- Can I attend using a phone? A laptop or a personal computer is recommended as image viewing and interpretation will be better. Software’s for scan interpretation will be required which are not compatible with most of the phones. Some of the high end ‘Tabs’ may be suitable but not ideal.
- Will I be provided some learning material? ARM series is built on a strong Learning Management System (LMS). After you enrol for the course, you will be given access to the LMS where you will find regular course material for self-learning and practice.
- Do I need to pay for any software? There will be no separate charge for any software or the Learning Management System (LMS). We will be using freeware for image interpretation which you can then continue to use after the course also.
- I have an Apple Mac computer, is that ok? Both Windows and Apple Mac computers can be used for the ARM series.
- What software will be used? Radiant (PC), Horos/Osirix (Mac) will be used for image viewing and interpretation. Web-based indigenously built LMS will also be used. There will be no additional cost for any of these platforms.
- Is this a certified course? This course is being conducted under the supervision of Dr (Major) Vimal Raj in collaboration with Chest Council of India (CCI) and the Life Foundation. On successful completion of the course material and the final assessment, the delegate will be issued their certification.
- Will there be an exam or assessment? Yes, there will be periodic assessments conducted to ensure a thorough understanding of the concepts and continued learning. Do not worry, these will not be a pass or fail kind of test. These will instead help the faculty in channelling the sessions.
- When will the classes be conducted? There will be a total of 5 live sessions for 2 hours each. Most of these will be conducted on a pre-determined weekday (once every week) evening between 7-9 pm. Some classes can be scheduled on a Sunday as per the convenience of the study group.
- What if I cannot join for one class? Attendance for all classes is necessary. If due to unavoidable situation, you are not able to attend one of the sessions the recording of this session will be available for you to go through in the LMS.
- Who will be the faculty? High-quality learning is our prime aim. To achieve this, we have chosen the best trainers in the industry and designed the program to make it highly effective. The details of the faculty can be found at the bottom of this page.
- Will I have access to course training material after the end of the course? The course material and the LMS access will be maintained for 3 months from the date of the start of the course. Delegates can review the course material as many times as they wish during this period.
- What if I am unable to follow the instructions or have specific doubts? The ARM series is designed in a unique manner to ensure everyone can learn and follow the instructions. All individual doubts can be raised during the interactive sessions and through the LMS platform and the faculty will be able to resolve these.
- Is this course recognised by MCI or similar organisation? No, the medical council of India and those of other states do not recognize online courses. This program however, is conducted in partnership with the Chest Council of India (CCI) and the Life Foundation.
- How will I be able to access the course material? After the joining formalities are over, you will be provided with the login information to the LMS. All the course material will be available in the LMS.
- I live outside India; can I take the course? This is a completely online course and hence, there are no geographical restrictions for people to join. However, please look out for time difference between India and your city for the live sessions.
- What if I do not pass the assessment? You can retake the assessment until you pass. There are no limits to the attempts you can take.
- How many candidates do you take per course? Individual learning with constant interaction are the main points that ARM focusses on. This is only achievable by restricting the number of attendees. Each batch will take a maximum of 15 students.
- I did not get a slot in this months program! The ARM series is a very popular course and the slots do finish quickly. If you did not get a slot in this months program we can assure you a slot in the next batch. Please contact email@example.com for further details.
- What happens if I am not able to connect to the session or LMS for the course material? We have designed all our systems in such a way that it will be very easy to join in and the internet bandwidth requirement will also not be heavy. We also have a dedicated team who will be able to provide you with technical support.
- A laptop or desktop computer (phone will not suffice)
- Webcam and audio set up in your computer
- Radiant (Windows) or Horos/Osirix (Mac) software’s for image viewing (Will be provided).
- Up to 2 Gb of data space in your system